Monday to Friday Introduction
Blue Mountains Grammar School is a co-educational Anglican school serving Pre-Kindergarten - Year 12 students in the Blue Mountains.
The school is seeking to employ two Casual Cleaners, one at our Wentworth Falls campus and one at our Springwood campus.
The positions will initially be casual on an as needed basis with the potential to convert to regular hours in the future. You must be available Monday to Friday between 4pm-9pm and can commence asap.
The successful applicants would be required to do general cleaning of the school buildings including school classrooms, specialist facilities, office areas, maintenance areas and bathrooms.
To be successful in these positions, you will have excellent time management and prioritising skills, the ability to learn quickly and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
The successful applicants will also have good communication and customer service skills, a professional and honest approach to work and follow health and safety regulations.
This role reports to the Manager of Operations.
The Level 1 position engages in work that in the main is generally prescribed and will operate within a framework of established procedures, workplace routines, deadlines and expectations.
Supervision Provided to Others
No supervisory responsibilities are required for these positions.
All staff are expected to:
- Contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit in order to meet organisational objectives. This includes demonstrating appropriate and professional workplace behaviours, providing assistance to team members if required and undertaking other responsibilities or activities as directed by a supervisor.
- Perform their responsibilities in a manner that reflects and responds to continuous improvement.
- Familiarise themselves and comply with the School Policies including the Child Protection Policy.
Remuneration will be based on the Independent Schools Support and Operational Staff Award according to qualifications and experience.
Privacy Guidelines Employment Collection Notice
- In applying for this position the applicant will be providing Blue Mountains Grammar School with personal information.
- The School will collect the information in order to assess the application for employment and may keep this information on file if your application is unsuccessful in case another position becomes available.
- The School will not disclose this information to a third party without your consent.
- The School is required to conduct employment checks under Child Protection laws. The School may also collect personal information about applicants in accordance with these laws.
- The School may store personal information in the 'cloud', which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.
- If the applicant provides personal information of others, the School expects applicants to inform them, explain the reason, advise them that they can access that information if they wish and that the School will not disclose the information to third parties.
The successful applicant is required to produce their current Working with Children Check number and will be subject to employment screening with the Office of the Children’s Guardian. On-line applications can be made at www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
- To apply for this position, the applicant must be eligible to work in Australia;
- Applications should include a Covering Letter of no more than two pages in PDF format;
- Applications should include a Resume of no more than 4 pages in PDF format;
- Applications must also include the following information:
- Personal details
- Working with Children Check Clearance
- A summary of your current employment position
- A concise summary of your employment history
- Names, positions and contact details of two (2) referees
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.